Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love at First Sight


The Lovely Couple
How My Parents Met as told by my Mom...

I was in the YW Presidency and we were taking the YM /YW white water rafting in West Virginia. Uncle Joe was the YM President and lived across the hall from dad, he asked dad if he would like to go rafting with us. Dad had a motocross meet that weekend but when he was done he met up with us in WV. The first time I met your dad my heart went zing. We use to talk about how we felt for each other. Your dad said it was from the get go. We rafted without incident but on the way back on the bus through the mountains we were in an accident. Your dad was the first one up and asking if everyone was o.k. and then started helping people off the bus. That sealed the deal for me and he still is so carrying and concerned for others. We really didn’t see each other, maybe once at Sister Coleman’s that summer. In the fall the church was celebrating the Sesquicentennial with a dance. I asked Uncle Joe if he thought it was o.k. to ask dad to the dance. Uncle Joe said that since dad didn’t really like to dance he probably wouldn’t go. I decided to ask any way and dad said yes, I said that was fine but maybe some other time we could do something together. Dad said he thought he said yes, I kind of giggled and realized he said yes.
We started dating in November, got engaged in February and married in September. Dad joined the church the week before we got married. One year later we went to the Washington D.C. temple to be sealed for Time and all Eternity.

1 comment: