Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blind Date


St. Theodosius Russian Orthodox Church
How Grandma and Grandpa Met told by Grandma(Sally):
I worked with a girl named Sally at Halle’s department store at Westgate Mall in Rocky River. Sally was married to Bill who was good friends with a man by the name of Joe. Sally asked me if I would like to go out with a friend of Bill’s that was very nice and handsome. Bill asked Joe if he would like to go out with a sweet pretty girl Sally worked with. We both said yes and the four of us met up at a restaurant for dinner. Joe and I dated for about a year before we became engaged. Some of our favorite dates were going to the picture show (movies these days) and out to eat. We also babysat often for Joe’s sister and brother in law Ann and Nick’s son Teddy. One night when we were babysitting for Teddy Joe asked me to marry him and I said ….??? YES! Later we went together to pick out the ring. Grandpa and I were married on August 9, 1958 in St. Theodosius Russian Orthodox Church in Cleveland, Ohio. My best friend Diane Alberts and Aunt Ann were my bridesmaids and Grandpa’s cousin Walter was the best man, Uncle Don and Uncle Ray were both in the wedding party also. The wedding was very long and in Russian but very beautiful. When we were first married we lived in my mother’s house in Bay Village while she was in Florida then we bought our first house in Fairview Park. And the rest is history!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Kelli! The title is good too because the story doesn't say it was a blind date. You're the best my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the bestest grandma and grandpa ever, huh?

    ReplyDelete